Gretchen Dobson, Ed.D., Global Strategist, Gretchen Dobson LLC
With over 22 years of experience in higher education and constituent relations, Dr. Gretchen Dobson is the leading global alumni relations consultant who develops international advancement programs for educational institutions and non-profit organizations around the world. Her specialty services include international alumni relations strategy, international alumni and academic partnerships, international student-alumni programs, and volunteer management for groups of all sizes and backgrounds. Dobson also provides professional coaching for international alumni relations, development, admissions and academic officers new to global engagement practices.
Dr. Dobson is the author of Being Global: Making the Case for International Alumni Relations (CASE Books, 2011). She was recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the leading “Innovators in Internationalization” for her work at Tufts University. She is a member of the Board of Directors for United Planet, a global network of leaders and volunteers fostering cross-cultural understanding and addressing shared challenges to unite the world in a community beyond borders.
Dobson received her B.A. and M.A. from Boston College, and her Ed.D.in Higher Education Management from the University of Pennsylvania. She is based in Chengdu, China with offices in Boston, London, Delhi, and Australia.
Benefits of working with Gretchen Dobson LLC
Spend a couple days being informed by us, and you and your staff will be able to:
- Think holistically about how international alumni and your institution share a lifelong relationship
- Develop an international alumni ambassadors program to assist with international student recruitment
- Create budgets and infrastructure to support both short and long-term planning
- Plan new and improved international events
- Identify, develop and/or expand international volunteer management opportunities and practices
- Incorporate international alumni relations into strategy to strengthen academic and overall institutional reputation
- Stimulate more international donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Build efficiencies across departments and institution with respect to international and domestic outreach and engagement
- Benchmark progress and measure the return on investment in terms of “time, talent, treasure – and networks.”