Each month, Gretchen and colleagues are training and consulting around the world. Learn more about services and support in person by taking advantage of Gretchen Dobson LLC’s presence in your region. Contact Gretchen to make arrangements to meet the team on site.
- Advising the leadership of College DIY, of College “Do It Yourself,” (www.collegediy.com) a new company based in Chengdu, Sichuan, specializing in assisting the needs of prospective students aiming to attend universities in English-speaking countries. We’re working to create an interactive, educational and customized on line platform that will create more confident and better prepared students. Additional one-on-one assistance for families taking an active role in the college-preparation process is also part of the suite of services.
- We will be making presentations about College DIY at universities in Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an, Shanghai, Beijing, Zhengzhou, and Hangzhou.
- Assisting my U.S.-based clients with their international alumni engagement strategies (hosting alumni events, meeting with branch campus representatives, and some leadership training for alumni volunteers).
- Visiting other international education providers.
- And, finally, learning as much about Chinese higher education (systems, students and the society) to better serve clients and be a thought leader in the field of international alumni relations.
June 4-6, 2014 – Edmunton, Alberta Canada – Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education National Conference
“Staying Global: how international alumni relations advances the agenda”
July 31 – August 2, 2014 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – “Investing in International Alumni Relations and a Facilitator of Change”
American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
Academic Affairs Summer Board Meeting
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Moderating panel on “Investing in International Alumni Relations and a Facilitator of Change”
European Association of International Education Annual Conference
Prague, Czech Republic
Session: Turning Global Graduates into Global Leaders